Pipelines 2023 Conference
The Pipelines 2023 Conference is part of the new ASCE Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute (UESI). The conference will continue to provide a forum for pipeline engineers and practitioners from all around the world to share their experiences in meeting the challenges of today's pipeline infrastructure. This premier industry event has become the conference of choice for utility and pipeline owners, design and consulting engineers, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, students, educators, researchers, and pipeline professionals. The conference will also include surveying as it relates to pipeline and utility projects.
This event will provide a dynamic and inspiring venue for participants to share and gain valuable knowledge related to planning, designing, constructing, renewing, operating, managing and maintaining the lifeline assets.
- Mark Mihm, P.E., M.ASCE, P.E., CDT, ENV SP, Senior Engineer, Dallas Water Utilities
- Andrea L.H. Beymer, P.E., Vice President Engineering and Construction, San Antonio Water System
Technical Program Co-Chairs
- Christine S. Ellenberger, P.E., M.ASCE, Project Manager, Jacobs Engineering
- Jonathan D Shirk, P.E., M.ASCE, Project Manager, Black & Veatch
Advisors to Technical Co-Chairs
- Shaoqing Ge, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, Senior Planning Engineer, American Water
- Jeffrey A. Shoaf, P.E., PMP, M.ASCE, Principal Engineer, San Diego County Water Authority
Exhibits and Sponsorship Chairs
- Shah Rahman, MBA, M.ASCE, Practice Leader, KCI Technologies
- Jim Geisbush, P.E., PMP, F. ASCE, Sr. Civil Reliability Engineer, Central Arizona Project
Publicity & Media Coordinators
- Robert Carpenter, Aff.M.ASCE, Editor-in-Chief, Gulf Energy Information
- Mike Kezdi, Associate Editor, Trenchless Technology and North American Oil & Gas Pipelines
- Dan Koo, Ph.D., P.E. (Civil), F. ASCE, Associate Professor, Construction Management, Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, IUPUI
ASCE Pipelines Division ExCom Liaison
- Jeff Boschert, P.E., M.ASCE, President, National Clay Pipe Institute
- Tom Iseley, M.ASCE, Professor of Engineering Practice, Construction Engineering and Management, Purdue University
Younger Member Coordinator
- Jarred R. Jones, P.E., M.ASCE, Executive Director, North Charleston Sewer District and North Charleston District
- Ophir Wainer, Aff.M.ASCE, Director of North American Business Development, 4M Analytics
- Jesse Cooper, P.L.S, M.ASCE, Senior Manager, HDR Engineering Inc.
Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute (UESI) of ASCE
The Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute (UESI) was officially established on October 1, 2015 to become the first national organization designed to meet the needs of all individuals working within the utility, pipeline and surveying industry. UESI is fully inclusive, with active membership available to industry practitioners from all occupational and educational backgrounds. UESI offers individuals and organizations the opportunity to network with other professionals, sharpen skills and shape the future of the industry by participating in technical activities, conferences and the development of internationally recognized standards. It is one of the American Society of Civil Engineers' 9 specialty Institutes.
The Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute (UESI) is the worldwide leader in generating products and services that promote and reward excellence in the engineering, planning, design, construction, operations, and asset management, for utility infrastructure and engineering surveying.