Calgary, AB, Canada
The UESI Pipelines 2024 Conference is going to Calgary, AB, Canada! Here are some fun facts from curiocity.com about this exciting destination!
- The Calgary Stampede features the largest rodeo in the world
- Fish Creek Park is the second-largest urban park in Canada
- Calgary was named the 4th most livable city in the world in 2018
- The coldest temperature ever recorded in Calgary was a bone chilling -45 °C
- You can walk 18km through downtown without ever going outside via the Plus 15 network!
- The median age in Calgary is a sprightly 36 years, making it a very young city
- Almost a quarter of Calgary’s population is foreign-born
- According to Clearwater, Calgary is the cleanest city in the world
- There are more volunteers per capita in Calgary than any other Canadian city
- Calgary is Canada’s sunniest city, with 333 average sunshine days per year
- June tends to be the rainiest month, and January tends to be the coldest. Calgary weather follows no rules, though
- On summer solstice, Calgary gets almost 17 hours of sunlight. Yay!
- On winter solstice, Calgary gets a little less than 8 hours of sunlight. Boo!
- Calgary’s altitude of 3,800 feet is downright lofty- well above (pun intended) the Canadian average
- The Chinook winds can raise the temperature by as much as 20 degrees in a matter of hours